When Is AC Installation The Right Call?
When you experience a total breakdown of an aging HVAC unit, knowing it is time for an upgrade is a no-brainer. Oftentimes, however, the decision to replace your existing system isn’t as cut and dry. Many of our customers come to us asking how to determine when they should upgrade to a newer model or pay to repair their current equipment.
While the answer to that question is often speculative, we do recommend upgrading if any of these conditions are present:
- Your unit is more than 15 years old. An aging HVAC system will continue to bring repair bills as time goes on, and costs will quickly add up.
- Frequent repairs. As we mentioned above, the older your unit, the more frequent the repairs – you do the math.
- Cost versus value. If your system is facing major repair costs (more than half the value of your unit), upgrading to a newer unit is often a better investment.
- Inefficiency. Sometimes a previously installed unit may be insufficient for the cooling needs of your structure. This can lead to uncomfortable environments as well as costly energy bills.
Upgrade And Replacement
Your home comfort system is most likely the single biggest use of energy in your home. In fact, over a third of the energy used in the United States is used to heat and cool buildings. Having a properly designed and installed heating and air conditioning system will have the biggest impact on your energy costs.
Choose Pacific Coast Comfort for your next equipment upgrade or replacement. We provide:
- Free in-home consultation with one of our HVAC specialists.
- Help selecting an energy-efficient heating and air conditioning system that meets your comfort preferences and lifestyle.
- Proper sizing of the equipment to meet the unique needs of your home.
- A convenient way to pay for your installation through our special financing options with approved credit.
- Full factory warranties on all equipment and labor.
Extended warranties allow customers another opportunity to manage their ongoing costs of operations. Since your heating and air conditioning system is used 24 hours a day, year-round, it requires service as it operates.
Reasons why all equipment and labor should be covered by an extended warranty:
- Plan and project your costs while protecting against increases in parts or labor.
- Factory warranties usually expire prior to the end of the equipment′s life cycle.
- Extended warranties can cover the bill for all costs, including labor, during the insured period.
- Peace of mind knowing your equipment is covered.
Pacific Coast Comfort offers 1-year extended warranties on all new installations. Ask one of our specialists to explain the extended warranties available for your new or existing equipment.
“Very Professional” - Kathleen D.
Making the decision to upgrade to a newer, more efficient AC system can make all the difference in your comfort and energy efficiency needs. With advancements in technology, modern systems come equipped with a multitude of benefits your older system may be lacking. Some of these include:
- Zoned cooling features. Modern technology has afforded many comfort upgrades including zoned cooling which allows users to set specific temperatures in different areas.
- Energy bill savings. One of the most important benefits of upgrading to higher efficiency models is the dramatic savings many customers see on their utility expenses. With their ability to monitor your indoor climate better, newer systems utilize less energy expenditure, leading to lower utility costs after the upgrade is completed.
- Tax breaks. With energy efficiency ratings, most units today qualify homeowners for tax breaks and incentives for maintaining a greener carbon footprint than older models.
While upgrading to a new system may be a larger expense upfront, it won’t take long to pay for itself in the near future. With an improved comfort experience, lesser carbon footprint, and lower energy bills, you’ll soon see how quickly your upgrade will pay for itself.